This week Aaron and Michael jump into three popular weather websites and poke them with a sharp stick while making observations about how frustrating they can be (see also: ads, too many ads), and what can be done to improve them. Aaron might have also started a new business venture in the process, we aren’t totally sure.
We start out with a brief chat about the Evernote rebranding and the role it plays in managing our stuff.
- CEO Notebook: Say Hello to a Refreshed Evernote, Evernote’s officially announcement
- Skepticism About Evernote’s New Announcement at RobbyBurns.com
Note: Aaron’s audio was a little rough in the episode. We just ran with it, so please excuse the little bit of clipping you’ll hear from time to time.
- Annoying Online Ads Do Cost Business as researched by the Nielsen Norman Group
- Banner Blindness Revisited: Users Dodge Ads on Mobile and Desktop, also from NNG
- The Signal and the Noise: Why So Many Predictions Fail–but Some Don’t by Nate Silver
- User Goals and How They Influence Information Design Decisions from the Interaction Design Foundation
- User Goals vs. Business Goals: Finding the UX Tipping Point compared at UXPin
This episode of The Drunken UX Podcast brought to you by nuCloud.