Too often, footers get the short end of the UX design stick. It’s the afterthought, the thing at the bottom of the page, the place where useless items go to die. But it doesn’t have to be that way! Footers present an opportunity to understand users that make it to the bottom of your site, and just what is it they need when they get there. This week, we look at the parts of footers that irritate us, and the things you can do to make your footer the best it can be for your site visitors.
Would you like to leave us feedback on the show? Perhaps you’d like to ask a question, get advice, or feedback on a tool? You can now call and leave us a message and we’ll try to answer it on air! Just give us a call at 620-712-2119.
- 15 Tips for Creating a Great Website Footer
- Best Footer Design Tips for your Website
- Footers 101: Design Patterns and When to Use Each
- The Footer Copyright Notice
- Website Footer Design Best Practices: 27 Things to Put at the Bottom
- Website Footer Design: Best Practices, Tips and Many Examples
- Website Footer Design: What to Include & Things to Avoid
- Website Footers: Best Design Practices & Examples
The following is a machine-generated transcript of this episode. It will contain errors until it has been reviewed and edited, and we apologize for the difficulty that may cause for screen readers. Do you want to help us speed up our transcribing process? Consider sponsoring an episode.