If concepts like object storage and CDNs give you a headache, let Michael and Aaron help you understand what it all means and why you might want to use them when developing your next website. In this week’s episode, we break down when and where you would use block or object storage to store and host files for your site, and how they factor in to using a CDN to improve speed and reliability for your users.
Tools and Services
- Azure Blob
- Digital Ocean Spaces
- FileZilla Pro
- Google Cloud Storage
- S3 Browser
- S3 Organizer (Firefox plugin)
- Stackpath (formerly MaxCDN, now a broader service for site support and distribution)
- Amazon S3 storage 101: Object storage in the cloud
- CDN for Dummies – A Stupid Easy Guide
- Don’t Get Left Behind! Top Reasons You Need Object Storage
- MaxCDN vs CloudFlare vs Amazon CloudFront vs Akamai Edge vs Fastly
- Object storage: Fast Guide
- What Is A CDN? A Beginner’s Guide To Content Delivery Networks
This episode of The Drunken UX Podcast brought to you by nuCloud.