Oh my. It’s time for Aaron and I to take a bit of a trip down memory lane. In today’s episode, we’re looking back to our early days and how we got started in the field of web development. Our early careers centered on moving university web presences forward, and there is an abundance of challenges and lessons that come with that. If it was frustrating for us, we hope that helps you understand why it might be frustrating as a user.
Before we jump in too deep, though, let’s take a look at the pros and cons of just why sites are looking at crypto mining as an alternative to adblocking.
- Salon to ad blockers: Can we use your browser to mine cryptocurrency?
- Auto-Forwarding Carousels and Accordions Annoy Users and Reduce Visibility
- Carousel Interaction Stats – June 2013 Update
- Don’t Use Automatic Image Sliders or Carousels
- How Big Is Too Big?
- Image Carousels – Why You Shouldn’t Use Them and How to Use Them the Right Way (If You Have To)
- OTC Goes Bold With Redesign
- Should I Use a Carousel
- This is my truth, tell me yours
- University Website (XKCD #773)
Hey everyone. Sorry, we’re running behind on getting the transcript out for this week’s episode. We’ll get it posted ASAP once it’s done.
This episode of The Drunken UX Podcast brought to you by Gas Mark 8.